Thursday, September 24, 2015

Happy First Day of Fall!


I couldn't wait.  The beauty of orange/brown/yellow/red was calling my name.  I couldn't wait until the first official day of fall to decorate inside my house with all of that pumpkin spice goodness.  I was giddy getting out the boxes on September 1st.   I opened it to the smell of cinnamon, ginger, and faux leaves- a winning combination.   Livi and I had fun dancing around with the leaf garland and dropping artificial gourds here and there.  She is after all in training for this sort of thing.

I decided that I would wait until Sept 23rd to put up any pictures of the inside of my house and fall decorations.  I am so happy to have everything look so nice in our Bartley Lane home. In years past I have purchased and made lots of great fall decorations.  We are good with the indoor harvest.  But...it would be nice too have a couple things to put outside.  I have limited myself to spending no more than $5 to create something nice for our front step (I won't do anything out there for a bit though, as it still looks and feels like summer) AND purchasing a couple of real pumpkins for the kids to decorate.

Here is what Livi and I have done so far.

Living Room

Brad got out the ladder to hang up garland on either side of the room.  He did not however climb up to hang it.  I absolutely love the Monet print to the right with its muted fall colors - $5 at a thrift store -frame included!






Excellent reminder of who controls the seasons.  Thanks be to God for His provisions.




The pillow says, "Please excuse the mess, our kids are making memories"  It wasn't really applicable today - HA!




I didn't want this picture standing up all of the way, so I propped it up using an old photo album.  Accessories and red and orange books completed my desk














Dining Room






Finally hung our prints from Paris up.  Thinking the wreathes in the chairs will stay their until we need seating for eight.

Easy fall garland from a thrift shop
                                     

These table linens are very special to our family.  The brown table cloth belonged to Brad's Grandma Nellie and the lace overlay was created by my Grandma Pearl, both deceased.  





Olivia thought this glass candle holder HAD to go in front of the head seat.  







Look for links to appear as I share some of my favorite ways to decorate, cook, and craft for the season on the thrift.  I also will be selling fall inspired goodies on my website www.classiccreationsunlimited.weebly.com.  Happy Fall!!









No comments:

Post a Comment